Enter email for daily tips!!:

To a happier healthier YOU

Photobucket

Become a Fan

« The miracle fruit winner goes to Grapefruit! Organic fruits & Health tips | Main | Fluoride dangers: Healthy living, Drugs, Home awareness »

08/30/2010

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Dessert Darling

So interesting.. Wow- You do your homework!!

amy

Omg! That is so freaky! I knew they weren't good, but didn't know they were THAT bad. You are full of really great information. I read your blog almost everyday and really enjoy your posts.

Nurse Mom

Make the connection....

Being a nurse with over 30 years experience, I have seen a lot of adults and children with various illnesses and disorders. While many allergic type reactions are caused from eating certain foods, there are many more allergic type reactions caused from common everyday chemicals and fragranced products as well as VOC's in homes, schools and workplace.

This is a growing problem and many people are not even aware that it exists as more and more chemicals are being introduced and used on a daily basis. Many people believe that because something smells good or cleans well and it is on a store shelf that it is tested, approved and safe for use.
Think again !

We are now seeing more and more children and adults with skin disorders, itching, Chronic Nausea, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Headaches, Sinusitis, Migraines, Sinus Infections, Asthma, Allergies, Hives, Eczema, sinus / respiratory illnesses and Hormone related disorders. I can not emphasize how important it is to educate yourself about MULTIPLE CHEMICAL SENSITIVITY (MCS) and the harm you may be doing to your health by using chemicals and fragranced products.

If you or a loved one has symptoms of or suffers from Asthma, Allergies, Autism, chronic headaches, reproductive problems, Migraines, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lupus or Fibromyalgia, you need to read further and learn about the signs and symptoms of MCS - Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.

Most doctors will not inform you about this because patients as a whole like to walk out of a doctors office with a prescription for some magical medicine and they do not want to be told that their expensive new perfume or newly installed carpet may be the culprit. So, the doctor will give you medications and many of these meds either do not work or cause other health problems.

Chemicals and fragranced products are often the root of many disorders and illnesses when it comes to your health. Many of the below mentioned items are common triggers to sinus, asthma, itching, headaches, Migraines and allergy problems amongst other health issues. Get rid of them and your immune and respiratory system will thank you and you will breathe easier.

And, it is not only personal body or cleaning products causing havoc on your health….many people become ill after wearing brand new clothing, dry-cleaned clothes, installing new carpet, painting, buying a new mattress or after home renovations because of the Flame Retardants, Antimony, Benzenes, Formaldehydes, etc. used in these products. So the answer is NO, you are not imagining that 2 weeks after your home, office or classroom got renovated you started to become ill, get dizzy or have headaches. This is happening more and more these days and adults as well as children are becoming sicker and sicker.

Unfortunately, too many doctors compound the problem by prescribing chemical medications to try to alleviate the symptoms of an already chemical overloaded body and they rarely tell the patient to eliminate the chemical offenders. How many times have I seen people in the grocery store with Bounce, Glade Plug-Ins and Febreeze in their shopping cart along with a bottle of Benadryl , Migraine Excedrin and a box of Allergy Tablets ? Why don't they make the connection?

Keep in mind that your skin is the largest organ of your body and what you put on your skin gets absorbed into your body. Then ... well... then it has to be filtered by your organs which are already working real hard.

BIG NO-NO's ---- I would SERIOUSLY recommend removing all of the below from your living / working area.

No Bounce or dryer sheets - these are VERY toxic
No Febreeze - your pets will even thank you for this
No Glade Plug-ins - VERY toxic
No Scented candles
No Scented Dish Detergents
No Fragranced Products on Body, Hair or Clothing
No Smoke
No Newspapers and Magazines - The ink is a huge irritant.
No Dander
No Sprays
No Sharpies (marker pens)
New Cartpeting, mattresses, paint, contain toxins that can trigger severe respiratory disorders as well as headaches and Asthma flare-ups.
And remember, it is NOT the smell it is the Chemicals that make up the smell. So, even if something is "Fragrance Free" these products often mask the smell with another chemical ! There are plenty of safe healthy products out there that work well and do not have added chemical fragrances.

More and more workplaces & schools are implementing Fragrance Free policies and creating "Fragrance Free Zones"… why do you think this is? Make the connection, your lungs , immune system and your general health will thank you.

dave

so you are saying be a hippie pretty much. dont use carpet? dont wash your hair? No dish soap? live your life, this isnt a big episode of "MONK" where everything is going to kill you..

Becky Fox

Excellent article! Just what I was looking for thanks!

Don Nickles

I choose to live a long non toxic life. :) Thanks for the post.

Dan

In a few places - damned few - these stench-makers are banned by law from public areas.
If they are so good for you why do the makers label them as toxic and refuse to list the contents?

It's the old tobacco industry formula all over again:
Claim it's good for you
Deny
Lie
Cover-up
Confuse the issue with fake 'science'
Clam-up
And let's not forget to buy off the lawmakers!
A few thousand in graft keeps us making billions.

Henry

I want to say, THANK YOU!!! My son and I were for some time getting an allergic reaccion to something, but couldn't pinpoint the problem. My wife loves a clean and good smelling home, so she would regularly buy the plug-ins. I never paid any mind to this, but will say that I never liked these plug-ins when they were fresh...too strong. Well, my son was getting worse and decided to investigate whats triggering the allergic flares. Well, long story short, we have a small house and had 8 plug-ins throughout, placed them all in a ziplock and must say that both of us felt immediate relief in our sinuses. I will definitely spread the news. Again, Thanks

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.