- Rosemary: increases circulation in the brain, stimulating concentration and memory. You can drink rosemary tea but I recommend the essential oils and inhaling it.
- Gotu Kola: This helps improve memory and concentration. It could be because it’s enriched with vitamin B-complexes.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This increases blood and oxygen flow to the brain. Similar to rosemary, but Ginko Biloba promotes alertness and helps with short-term memory. Works wonders with tests!
- Foods: Start lacing your food with these; Cayenne pepper, Cinnamon, Ginger or any marine products such as sea vegetables and sea weed. (This contains a metabolic stimulant, which helps enhance your energy and stimulate your thyroid function.)
- Guarana: Believed to improve physical stamina and endurance. Almost identical to caffeine. Guarana is sometimes combined with theobromine (found in chocolate) and theophylline. (which is not good and is primarily used for weigh loss) The reason why those three are usually combined is because they all have alkaloids. So if you look for a herbal pill make sure the products don’t have theophylline.
- Green tea: Used for improving mental awareness.
- Yerba Mate: Provides more than 24 minerals and vitamins to our body. This has the ability to increase mental alertness and boost energy.
- Maca Root: Love this one because it helps your body and mind to adapt to stresses. It’s loaded with minerals, vitamins, trace minerals, good fats, amino acids and plant sterols. (a major superfood)
- Bee pollen: One of the most nutritional foods on Earth. Increases energy before an event, high in B-vitamin content which helps with stress and anxiety.
- E3-Live or chlorophyll shots: You can read all about this on my website.http://www.awakeandliving.com/awake-living/2011/05/what-is-e3-live-and-aphanizomeno-flos-aquae-superfood-healthy-living.html I love taking chlorophyll shots! I see a huge difference with my mental awareness.
There are many more herbs and natural remedies that will give you similar effects to the ones listed above. If you wish, try these first and let me know how effective they were on your bodies.
Please try your hardest to stay away from any prescription drugs or over the counter medications. There is always a natural remedy that can work just as effective as the processed medications.