For all you addicted coffee drinkers out there you may be dreading what I am about to inform you about.
If you are one of those heavy coffee consumers it can actually have an negative effects on:
- Blood vessel tone and function,
- Heart rhythm disturbances.
- More prone to develop high blood pressure (hypertension),
- More prone to develop osteoporosis (600 ml or more),
- You can get addicted to caffeine and you will be consuming high levels of deadly chemicals if not organic.
If you can't give up your coffee and want to lower your risks from above:
- If coffee is labeled sustainable, there's lower chemical usage,
- Buy 100% certified organic coffee,
- I believe we should stay away from Robusta coffee. They mass-produce their beans and are drenched with chemicals.
- Look for coffee beans that say 100% Arabica. The Arabica bean have been exposed to less pesticides and are higher in quality.
- Purchase "shade certified" coffee. This means the coffee was grown in the shade and may not have been exposed to as many chemicals.
Some of the chemicals commonly used on the coffee plants are:
I hope this will make aware of what you are poisoning your body with every morning. There are many new organic coffee shops going up in Los Angeles county every month.
If you don't live in Los Angeles and don't have access to many organic products, you can always go online and have it delivered to your door. At least you will know exactly what you're drinking, where it's coming from and get it directly from the source.