People try cleanses for all different types of reasons. Sometimes it's because they could be sick, a health nut doing proper maintenance, just to give it a shot to see if cleansing makes a difference in their body or others for weight loss.
No matter what your reasons are for cleansing you need to be aware of the dangers that can be involved.
Since this week is all about colon cleansing I will stick to the dangers on the colon cleanses alone.
Dangers in colon cleansing could be:
- Absorption of too much water in the body
- Reliant on laxatives to dispose of your bowels regularly
- With colonics, unclean equipment which can cause a bacterial infection
- Unhealthy processed colon cleanser supplements
- Not consulting your doctor. Please consult your doctor and make them aware of your cleanse, just incase you may have special needs
- Fasting while doing a colon cleanse can put an unnecessary load on the liver
- May disrupt the balance between bacteria and natural chemicals in the bowel
- May interfere with the colon's ability to shed dead cells
- May disrupt fluid and electrolyte balance which can lead to dehydration and salt depletion
- Excessive repeated or excessive cleansing programs can lead to anemia and malnutrition
- May interfere with drug absorption and effectiveness of prescription drugs
If you do take prescription drugs I heard it's best to take your medication three hours before taking an enema, having a colonic or any type of colon cleanse product. This way your body should be able to absorb and medications you may be consuming. Please consult your physician with any questions you may have.
Since our body naturally remove waste and toxins some people feel colon cleanses aren't necessary.
I compare colon cleanses to plumbers. You bring in a plumber to clean out clogged pipes so the water can circulate and drain faster right? So what's so different about the pipes in your body? I believe maintenance is the key to a healthy, happier, longer life. Happy unplugging!!