There are a couple different methods floating around on how to do a proper gallbladder and liver cleanse. The first method started in the 1950's and to start in the early morning on an empty stomach. You start with once ounce of freshly squeezed lemon juice with one ounce of extra virgin olive oil.
The modified version is just as effective but far more palatable. You can use pretty much any type of oil. Just as long as it's organic, extra virgin and preferably cold pressed. Some people use walnut oil, almond oil or coconut oil so the taste is tolerable. You would mix 4 ounces of oil with an equal amount of organic apple juice. Then stir it together and drink, followed up by 4 ounces of fresh squeezed organic lemon juice.
It is also suggested to drink plenty of apple juice with apple cider vinegar one week prior to doing the cleanse. This will help clear the digestive tract. Or to go on a two day fast on just apple juice
Since I'm on a 28 day cleanse and have been juicing for the last 7 days I'm not concerned about impeding during the gallbladder and liver cleanse.
In order to do a gallbladder and liver cleanse you need to purchase these ingredient
- Epson Salt (4 tablespoons, no less)
- Organic virgin oil (1/2 cup, which is 4 ounces)
- Fresh Pink Grapefruit: 1 large or 2 small to make 2/3 to 3/4 cup of juice
- A glass to hold at least a pint
- Ornithine (optional 4-8 to help you sleep.
The day of the cleanse:
- 6:00 PM First serving of Epsom Salts (4 ounces in 3 cups of water)
- 8:00 PM it is time for the second serving of Epsom Salts and water.
- 9:45 PM start prepping the grapefruit cocktail. (1/2 cup oil and 1/2 to 3/4 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice into a sealable glass jar to shake vigorously.) Prepare for bed and if you need to visit the bathroom do this in advance.
- 10:00 PM Time to drink the oil and grapefruit juice combination. Shake it vigorously until it's frothy. Only the fresh grapefruit juice will do this. Drink it standing up! You want the oil to go directly into the stomach and not linger in your throat. It should be down in less than 5 minutes -15 minutes for the more sensitive.
- Go to bed right away laying down flat on your back with your head elevated with pillows and still for about 20 minutes or on your right side and then go to sleep. Most people lay on the right side. At this point or at some point throughout the night it is not uncommon to actually feel the gall stones moving through the bile ducts.
- Morning After take another serving of the Epsom Salts no earlier than 6:00 AM. If there is any indigestion or nausea wait until it passes before taking the Epsom Salts. Some take a tablespoon of dry oats to help the nausea pass. It works rather quickly. If you wish you can go back to bed.
- 2 Hours the last dose of Epsom Salts is to be taken. If you wish to go back to bed you certainly may. You can even take the salts with apple juice if preferred.
- 2 More Hours you can eat. Remember to eat lightly. Fresh fruit juice, fresh fruit cooked oats etc. moving to more regular food later in the day.
If you want to see how many stones you passed, the liver stones float, but you might not see any until your 2nd bowel movement that day.
If you don't see any floating the stones could be trapped in the feces. This is where chopsticks comes in handy! You could even try to put an old colander into the toilet and go into that. It will make it easier to gather the stones.
If you want to keep them to show them to your doctor you can freeze them.
When it comes to getting out all your gall stones everyone is different. Some people get out their biggest stones on the first flush, 3rd or 4th and some people get out all their stones after 9 flushes to 20 flushes.
Tomorrow I'll go over some of the concerned dangers in doing the gallbladder liver cleanse flush and on Friday I'm going to discuss my experience doing the cleanse.