The word "Chia" means strength in the Mayan language. So there is no doubt that Chia seeds are a Super food!
There are countless benefits of this remarkable seed that I'll cover for today's tip of the day.
When adding Chia seed to food it provides nutrients, few calories, causes you to become more full and you will want to eat less.
- High quality protein: Contains 20% protein
- Anti-Inflamitory: Have arthritis? People have reported after consuming Chia seeds for a few weeks they have reduced pain and inflammation.
- Supports heart: Reduces blood pressure because of it's omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids.
- Energizes: (more on this tomorrow)
- Stabilize blood sugar: Soluble fiber stablizes the blood glucose levels causing steady, sustained energy. Results show after three months of taking Chia seeds daily.
- Weight loss: Already explained.
- Antioxidants: Contains more antioxidants than fresh blueberries!
- Detoxification and elimination: When Chia seeds are moist they swell and this helps lubricate, soothe and cleanse the collon by absorbing the toxins.
- Brain power: Essential fatty acids are known to help improve the brain with memory and concentration. Consuming Chia seeds help make cell membranes more efficient and it helps with the nerve transmission in your brain which makes it work more efficiently.
- Nutrients: Omegas, fiber, protein and calcium. Nutritional facts
- Hydrator: Athletes consume Chia seeds because they absorbe large amounts of water. It absorbs the water we drink and stores it in our system longer.
There are many Chia seeds available on the market. Which one should you choose and get most of the benefits out of? Find out tomorrow.