Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.
Corny? Ohhh yeahhh! But guess what? I love bananas! I admit it! How could I not? You tell me with this long list of benefits!?
- Provides energy
- Enriched in potassium (good for your heart, kidney, bones and nerves)
- Enriched with iron (Anemic?)
- Helps with depression (produces serotonin)
- Helps your bowel movements (contains 16% of adults daily fiber recommendation with just one banana)
- Makes excellent fertilizer
- Helps with Nicotine withdraws
- Increases alertness and might increase brain power
- Helps with hangovers
- Treats warts (wrap peel around wart with tape)
- Reduces menstrual pains
- Helps with morning sickness
- Reduces itchiness with mosquito bites (the peel)
Please note that bananas are one of the highest natural sourse of vitamin B6.
Those of you saying that bananas contain too much sugar. One banana only contains on average 100 calories, which is no more than an medium apple. For diabetics, it shouldn't raise your glucose levels too high as stated by the America Diabetes Association.
Tomorrow find out some amazing banana recipes that you will be sure to try! xxx <3 A&L