You need to be very careful while using tea tree oils. Especially since there are so many different ways you can utilize tea tree oils on your body. Even though there are many beneficial ways to use tea tree oil, if you use it incorrectly the oil can be very dangerous to your health.
- Skin reactions
- nerve damage
- Triggering of rare inflammatory skin diseases.
- Derangement of endocrine system
- Decrease of forces contractions for mothers in labor.
When tea tree oil is use incorrectly there has been reports of:
- difficulty walking
- slow brain functioning
- muscle tremor
- poor coordination
- skin allergies
- Can lead to gynaecomastia (growth of breasts of boys)
- May increase the chances of catching 'superbug' infections in hospitals.
- Low doses may make pathogens such as MRSA, E.coli and salmonella more resistant to antibiotics.
If you ever decide to use tea tree oil please test on a small section of your skin to see if you have an allergic reaction to the oil. It's better to be safe than have an incontrollable break out.